The AZ Women for the Arts Grant Application portal will open June 1!
TWO $1,500 GRANTS WILL BE AVAILABLE!
Here are some things to consider for a little advance prep: All women artists, 18 years of age or older and legal residents of the state of Arizona are encouraged to apply.
1) Grantees must be the creator or co-creator of an art project.“Art” can be fine art, public art, music, dance, theater, or literature, or another form.
The project for which a grantee is seeking funding can a concept only, in progress, or nearly complete. Any stage is acceptable.
2) Grantees must not be supported by, or serve the purpose of promoting, religious or political organizations or beliefs.
3) Only applications which are submitted via this portal will be accepted. Mailed applications or photos of applications will not be considered.
1) The grant application period will run from June 1 to July 31.
2) Grants will be determined by:
- a clear personal or project mission
- a detailed explanation of the scope of the art project
- an explanation of how the work is unique and impactful
- an thorough explanation of how the grant will be used
- two (2) letters of support
- a clearly defined budget.
3) Grantees have one year from the time of the receipt of their grant during which to use the proceeds as described in the application.
4) Grantees will be required to execute grant-acceptance documents, and submit a final grant follow up report at the end of the grant year.
5) Grantees will also be required to appear at an event hosted by AZ Women for the Arts, including press, videography and photography, to formally accept their grants.